Races for Sunday 3rd May 2020
This year there will be a 1km, 3km, 5km, 10Km and relay race.
You can enter here: Enter The 2020 RFR
The 1km, 3km, 5km races will be held within the safe environment of the Redbourn leisure centre fields. There will be plenty of opportunities to support and cheer your friends & family members whilst they are en route.This makes it safe for both the runners and supporters.
Brand new for 2020 there will be a Redbourn Fun Run 10K which starts and finishes at the leisure centre whilst looping round the lanes of Redbourn.
We are pleased to announce that both the 5km and 10km races will be chip timed this year.; each runner will receive their chip time and placing in the race.
- The information on routes and maps are coming soon.
- The start and finish will be clearly marked by gantries.
- There will be marshals situated along the course.
- There is no age limit for any of the 1km, 3km and 5km races, as the aim is to take part and have fun. However, we ask any child under the age of 16 years running on their own to have the consent and supervision by an adult on the day.
- The 10km minimal age is 16 years and all runners under the age of 16 years will need to run with and adult.
- There are no refreshments en route, so we advise runners to carry their own water bottle if they require, whilst running. There will be drinks provided by Nisa Weyman and Sainsbury’s at the end of each race.
- St John’s ambulance will be on site to provide first aid throughout the 4 races.
- The first 100 kids (11 or under) to enter will receive a free Redbourn Fun Run T shirt.
- No refreshments along the 1, 3 and 5km routes. There will be a water station during the 10k route
- The first 100 kids, primary school age (age 11 and below) will receive a bespoke RFR 2020 medal
- There will be no road closures for the 10km race; it is your own responsibility to cross the roads safely; these points will be fully marshalled and will guide you across safely. Most of the route is in the safe environment of the Nickey line, fields and pavements.
- Fun-packed warm-up will be taken by Sarah Hudgell (for the 1,3 and 5km routes)
Online entry opens on February 14th 2020